Insulation pins – mechanical fixing of insulation Rockwool
Insulation pins are used to mechanically fix and install insulation material that can be pierced by metal spindles. It is also referred as ‘hanger pins’ or Insulation Pins, are either stud-wieldable, or designed to be bonded with adhesive for non-welded systems. Non-wieldable pins are designed with the spindle mounted to a perforated metal base. The metal base is available with a ready-to-use ‘peel and stick’ backing, or a perforated base to be bonded with suitable adhesive. A self-locking washer (clip or dome) is applied over the protruding spindle to retain the insulation.
Rockwood supplies a variety of pins and self-locking washers that are available in a range of metals such as stainless steel, galvanized steel, aluminum, mild steel copper coated and nylon to suit various surf aces and different fixing methods.
- Marine engine rooms
- Bus and truck engine bays
- Compressor enclosures
- HVAC ducting
- Can be used to retain any type of insulation (pierced by the pin)
- Pins available for different fixing methods: welding (Includes bimetallic stud welding), self adhesive (pressure-sensitive adhesive), or using suitable adhesive
- One type of pin can be used to hang multiple types of insulation
- Simple and easy to apply
- Reduced inventory needs
- Available in stainless steel, galvanized steel, aluminum and mild steel copper coated