Automatic welding is categorized into two: machine-based automatic welding and robotic welding. While the former is extremely beneficial in factory settings for repeated welding requirements, robotic welding is used for advanced industrial purposes which require higher grade of precision welding. Automation is efficient and consistent. More and more industries are adopting automation into its processes owing to its ability to perform an assigned task with the absolute precision until a technician makes changes to the parameters.Market analysis indicates that automated robotic welding in the manufacturing and industrial sectors will play a disruptive role in the next few years.
Popular Types of Welding
- MIG Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- TIG/Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Stick Welding
- Flux core arc (FCAW) Welding
- Plasma Arc Welding (PAW)
- Electron Beam and Laser Welding
- Gas Welding
- Ultrasonic Welding
Welding using Automation and Robots
When automation is applied to industrial processes like welding, the overall throughput improves, work environment safety increases, and production efficiency is enhanced. Parts and assemblies of machines and other industrial tools done using automated welding rarely have defects and are inform in shape, size and form. Welding for such purposes is done using sensors, program, and logic controllers etc. This helps in controlling and managing specs. Mentioned below are some of the benefits applied to welding applications using robots.
- Advanced “smart” technology helps collect information about operations, positioning, and wire or electrode status
- Software to perform real-time data analysis and adjustment machine movements
- Easy configuration and programming, where the technician can perform the movements on the robotic arm once and save and store the process as a program for future purposes
- No exposure to shielding gases, heat, and sparks, thereby enhancing operator
With more and more industries exploring the opportunities of automation, the demand for automated welding machines are also increasing. Welding machines with robotic capabilities are available for rent and sale in Dubai and other major countries.